SCR Mining and Tunnelling is known for its ability to offer complete mining solutions and the highest quality services in the mining industry. We believe that a high-quality workforce is the only way to achieve high quality work!
We are looking to grow our team with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our customers.
Underground Construction Supervisor
The Construction Supervisor oversees and directs activities of the crew to ensure surface and underground projects are conducted in accordance with schedules and the scope of work. The incumbent must have strong team building skills while promoting SCR’s safety-first culture.
The following is a list of duties relating to this position. These may be adjusted by the Superintendent or Project Manager when required by the project. Your safety will always be our priority with all assigned tasks:
- Supervise the activities of subcontractors and crews.
- Ensure procedures, PHR’s or JHA’s are in place prior to commencing work.
- Produces a shift line-up daily for their crews to meet the scheduled scope of work. Communicates this using one-on-one and crew line-up.
- Ensure all workers and contractors have been inducted and have received appropriate training to perform their duties safely.
- Prepare Shift Line-up Reports using SCR Daily Logbooks including entries warning of any known specific hazards.
- Ensure resources required by the crews are available when needed by proper planning and ordering parts, tools and materials.
- Conduct crew safety meetings on an as required basis according to company and/or client standards.
- Conduct planned workplace inspections and job task observations.
- Ensure workers or crew complete a daily SCR Field Level Risk Assessment.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions and unsafe acts are promptly identified and corrected.
- Ability to read and understand project scopes of work and blueprints at a high level.
- Ability to plan and direct the work using your understanding and comprehension of the project scope of work, project drawings and project schedule.
- Good working knowledge of various underground construction activities including: formwork, reinforcing rebar, concrete work, structural steelwork, piping, shotcreting, construction drilling with stopper, jackleg and plugger, ventilation installation, barricade installation, working at heights, proper rigging, equipment maintenance, use of laser measuring devices, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Education: Completion of required common core program and supervisor training requirements
- Minimum Experience: 5+ years supervisory experience in the mining industry
- MTCU Module 770121 – Common Core for First Line Underground Mine Supervisor.
- Ability to always represent the company in a professional manner
- Working knowledge of OHSA
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are critical
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good leadership and motivational capabilities
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills and ability to organize workload are necessary
- Read and interpret blueprints, regulations, policies, and procedures utilized in construction and mining
Compensation Package & Benefits
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Program
- Pension Plan
- Employee Safety Recognition Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Positions available in the Sudbury area. Shift and weekend work are required.
SCR Mining and Tunnelling welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as per the guidelines of the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Deadline for submitting resumes is June 28, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.