SCR Mining and Tunnelling is known for its ability to offer complete mining solutions and the highest quality services in the mining industry. We believe that a high-quality workforce is the only way to achieve high quality work!
We are looking to grow our team with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our customers.
The Electrician performs a full range of assignments including new installations, maintenance and repair to existing wiring, electrical systems, and electrical components.
The following is a list of duties relating to this position. These may be adjusted by your manager when required by the project. Your safety will always be our priority with all assigned tasks:
- Follow all established policies, procedures, and best practices as well as industry specific regulations
- Always be physically and mentally fit for work
- Work with voltages 120/240V, 600V 4160V, 18.8 KV
- Install high voltage stress cones and splices
- Build racks with starters and disconnects
- Build switch rooms, sumps, Refuge Stations, 13.8KV switch gear
- Install cable into bore holes and shafts
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
- Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment
- Splice, join and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits
- Test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system, following installation, replacement, or repair
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Education: a high school diploma or equivalent, completion of a formal 4- or 5-year apprenticeship program. Registered with the College of Trades. Requires Ministry modules U0000, U0001, U0002 & U0012.
- Minimum Experience: 5 years of previous experience with valid Electrical License (309A – Construction and Maintenance)
- Since wires are colour-coded, good eyesight and colour vision are vital
- Knowledge of computerized machinery and efficient with hand tools
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and electrical code specifications
- Experience working in an underground mine
- Positive attitude with the ability to lead a team in a collaborative manner
Compensation Package & Benefits
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Program
- Pension Plan
- Employee Safety Recognition Program
- Employee Assistance Program
For projects in the Sudbury, Ontario area, schedule consists of day shift with some shift work.
SCR Mining and Tunnelling welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as per the guidelines of the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Deadline for submitting resumes is June 28 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.